Hands-free opening saves time and effort, allowing the operator to apply more transfers in a shift with less effort than a traditional heat transfer press. Direct-To-Garment applications are also a large driving force in the success of the auto-open feature. This allows you the freedom of loading your printer while the last print is curing, eliminating any risk of scorching or compromising transfer quality due to overheating.
The HIX S-450 utilizes an exclusive electronically activated mechanical latch release mechanism with a gas shock assist to help enhance and support your operations. No compressor required. Free operation, reduce fatigue, and increase productivity – all with one press.
The easy-to-use open and close handle has spring assist and a full range pressure adjustment. It also provides even pressure on thicker items while adding 20% more pressure over straight handle designs.
Quality driven at every point, the HIX S-450 is built to be rugged and durable for years of reliable service. Every heat casting at HIX is manufactured in a permanent steel cavity mold using HIX-exclusive aluminum alloy for maximum heat transfer. The HIX S-450 has a 15″ x 15″ heat platen that can apply all types of transfers on items up to 1″ thick. The floating lower platen helps provide even pressure on thicker items, no matter were it’s applied. HIX presses provide completely even pressure from edge to edge, even at high temps.
The S-450 features a touch-screen controller with digital time that is adjustable up to 999 seconds. It shows a time countdown on readout, beeps after elapsed time, and resets when the handle is raised. The calibrated digital temperature control is adjustable up to 450°F (232°C) and displays the current temperature.
The S-450 sets the standard in the auto release heat press industry because of its ruggedness, quality construction, and years of trouble-free performance. If you’re looking for high production capabilities, this is the heat press you need!
The S-450 now comes with a free Splitter Stand (as pictured above), allowing for the operators to “dress” the shirt easily over the lower platen, keeping the back of the shirt positioned underneath the machine and away from the heat and compression.
This is handy when trying to avoid double-compression and heating of a previously applied transfer on the same shirt. In case of sublimation ink, it will also avoid all ink migration to the back side of the shirt.
The S-450 is ETL certified. It has a limited 1-year warranty and a lifetime warranty on the heating element.
- Easy integrated digital time and temperature settings – Touch-screen controller allows simple dialing in of time and temperature. From the touch-screen controller, preset selections of temperature-time combinations can be easily programmed into the machine.
- The current pressure is displayed on the touch-screen display each time the press closes. The pressure is easily changed by turning the silver knob at the top of the control housing (clockwise for more, counter-clockwise for less). There are nine settings on the display: 0-3 for light pressure, 4-6 for medium, and 7-9 for heavy pressure.
- Tilting (floating) lower platen – The bottom platen tilts up towards the upper platen as the heat press closes. This equalizes pressure, even when pressing thick items like a quarter-inch thick 8×10 ceramic tile.
- Top Pressure Plate – The handle attaches to a 4″x5″ pressure plate on the top platen instead of a single screw going into the top platen. This provides more even pressure on the outside edges of the press (think of it as pushing down with your entire hand, versus just your thumb).
- Certified electrically safe (ETL) – The “Electrical Testing Laboratory” seal means HIX presses have passed a rigid and demanding independent testing process, and have been certified electrically safe.
- 100% Made in the USA – HIX has its own 110,000 sq ft manufacturing facility with its very own fully integrated aluminum foundry, CNC mill operation, welding, metal forming, wiring, fabrication, assembly, and packaging departments.
- A one-year general warranty and lifetime warranty on the heater element.